cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reconfigure vlan pool - ACI

FedeGaibrel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team! How are you? I have a question, in my environmente we have a pool of vlans to connect to Legacy Network, i.e from 1 to 400 (physical domain). I need to remove vlan 100 from this pool to make a new L3out with SVI. How would be the procedure and don´t affect the running services. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi FedeGaibrel,

As a12288 says, it is not possible to change a VLAN range in a VLAN Pool, but you are in luck - you don't need to.

All you have to do when you create your External Routed Domain, is link it to the same VLAN pool you linked to your physical domain.

Problem solved.

In fact, as far as static allocation of VLANs goes, I would recommend this method all the time - keeps the number of objects you have to manage down, and since the VLANs are going to be allocated statically, it makes no difference what actual VLAN Pool you use.

However, if you really, really, really want to create a separate VLAN pool for your External Routed Domain - go ahead. Create one and give it VLANs 301-400 or whatever range you want. No-one has ever said that VLAN Pools can't overlap. The point is, you don't need to change your existing VLAN Pool. 

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

a12288
Level 3
Level 3
Unfortunately, ACI (at least for now) won't allow us to modify VLAN pool, only deletion and creation.
What we did is to create multiple small VLAN pool (say 10 VLANs in each pool) as a "work around".
Hopefully, the future ACI will fix this.

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi FedeGaibrel,

As a12288 says, it is not possible to change a VLAN range in a VLAN Pool, but you are in luck - you don't need to.

All you have to do when you create your External Routed Domain, is link it to the same VLAN pool you linked to your physical domain.

Problem solved.

In fact, as far as static allocation of VLANs goes, I would recommend this method all the time - keeps the number of objects you have to manage down, and since the VLANs are going to be allocated statically, it makes no difference what actual VLAN Pool you use.

However, if you really, really, really want to create a separate VLAN pool for your External Routed Domain - go ahead. Create one and give it VLANs 301-400 or whatever range you want. No-one has ever said that VLAN Pools can't overlap. The point is, you don't need to change your existing VLAN Pool. 

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Thanks, nice asnwer!

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License