Views
Helpful
Replies

Reinstalling APIC controller software

Martin Lipka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Two of my controller suffer from a kernel panic when booting up (see screens attached) .

Can you please advise how do I reinstall it? I have DVD with the latest software already burned and ready to go.

Is it as simple as installing new linux software?

Please let me know.

Regards,

M

8 Replies 8

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7
Hi Martin, Without understanding the reason for the kernel panic, we can't say that a fresh install of the OS will resolve your issue. I can open a TAC case so we can look at this and figure out what's going on. Is the email address associated with your profile the best way to contact you? Zach

Cool.

Email in your inbox. 

Hi.

I lost APIC Password so how to get to reinstall?

Can you tell me about factory default?

pls. help me.

thank you.

Hanoh,

Please see the APIC Troubleshooting guide for password recovery procedures.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/1-x/troubleshooting/b_APIC_Troubleshooting.html

Regards,

Robert

Hi Zach,

Trying to update my APIC, I have the same problem. So now, when I reboot the APIC, it try to boot in a incorrect directory, and when I try to upgrade the cluster, I can't because a error in the GRUB.

Thanks,

James

James,

Can you please provide us some more details on the issue?

For example:

• What ACI version that you are running on the APIC?
  • What .ISO version are your trying to load via KVM?
  • Is this only one APIC or entire cluster?
  • What version are the other APICs running? are they running OK?
  • Please take a screen capture of the issue and post here too.

Thanks

T.

(1) 1.0(2j)

(2) 1.0(4q)

(3) Entire cluster

(4) All the APICs are running 1.0(2j), and all these are running OK. The problem is just when it reboot.

(5) Attached some scrrens about the problem.

James,

it looks like someone tried to upgrade the APICs to 1.2.3c.  Can you ssh to one of the APICs and get the output of the CLI command "firmware list" & "version"?

Did you put 1.0(4q) in the firmware repository?  Did you try a Policy Upgrade?  Why are you trying to load via the KVM?

Thanks

T.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License