Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Leaf VPC TEP IP Command ACI

NDP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any command We can run on APIC or Leaf to find out the VTEP IP address of VPC on remote leaf

acidiag fnvread is giving us PTEP for each Fabric Node. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi NDP,

The command below will list the object of class fabricExplicitGEp using a filter with the attribute "virtualIp. If you are not sure about the syntax of the whole command you can always run "moquery -c fabricExplicitGEp" command without the filter, this command will list all the object under the class fabricExplicitGEp. Note that you need to run this command from the APIC.

moquery -c fabricExplicitGEp -f 'fabric.ExplicitGEp.virtualIp=="<Tunnel Destination IP ( VTEP of VPC/32>"

Also note that you can look for all of the VIP from the GUI as well.  You just need to go to Fabric>Access>Switch Policies>Policies>VPC Domain>Virtual Port channel default.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi NDP,

On the Leaf node you can use:

show system internal epm vpc

Let me know if this works for you

Hi Manuel, 

Wanted to know on which Leaf the VPC VTEP is residing on 

suppose, there are 6 Leaf switches ( leaf1, leaf2, leaf3, leaf4, leaf5 & leaf6)

leaf 3 & leaf 4 are in one vpc domain

leaf 5 & leaf 6 are in another vpc domain

I am on leaf1 and saw that endpoint could be reached through Tunnel X, tunnel X destination is the VTEP of VPC 

wanted to know what leaves are holding the Tunnel destination IP ( VTEP of VPC)

one of TAC engineer ran this " 

moquery -c fabricExplicitGEp -f 'fabric.ExplicitGEp.virtualIp==" but, I forgot this 

any other command, We can use .. please help me

Hi NDP,

The command below will list the object of class fabricExplicitGEp using a filter with the attribute "virtualIp. If you are not sure about the syntax of the whole command you can always run "moquery -c fabricExplicitGEp" command without the filter, this command will list all the object under the class fabricExplicitGEp. Note that you need to run this command from the APIC.

moquery -c fabricExplicitGEp -f 'fabric.ExplicitGEp.virtualIp=="<Tunnel Destination IP ( VTEP of VPC/32>"

Also note that you can look for all of the VIP from the GUI as well.  You just need to go to Fabric>Access>Switch Policies>Policies>VPC Domain>Virtual Port channel default.

use below command- (more easier)

moquery -c fabricExplicitGEp | grep -B10 VPC_vtep_IP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License