Helpful
Replies

renaming leaf in apic

fd_case17
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to rename some leafs,

can i do that Under apic >inventory >fabrice menbership without impacting service  ?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi fd

You can rename a leaf under Fabric > Inventory > Fabric Membership by double-clicking on the Leaf entry in the Work Pane and editing the Node Name.

This will NOT impact your running service because all references to the leaf are via the Node ID.

Changing the Node ID is not possible without removing all configuration from the node and re-discovering it.

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, I have dought, I understand is neccesary discommisiond the leaf to change the node id, but the policies how i can move, migrate or inherit polices to new node id? maybe: show run leaf oldID copy and paste to:

configure

leaf newID

paste**

maybe works?

Regards

Regards

There is no build-in way in ACI to migrate configuration from one node-id to different node-id.

In past i recall there was a discussion around it and a combination of two scripts was used to achieve something similar.

Hi!

Thank you for you answer.

I open these two links and not working, is an internal link?

seems like those were internal links only, I have reached out to team to check if we can share this externally.

Thank you, Gaurav

Let know any progress.

Regards

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License