Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore configuration failed to download from SFTP server

cooperb01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I am trying to restore the fabric configuration and I am unable to connect to sftp server.

I noticed the following error:

Configuration failed for EPG oob due to Not Associated With Management Zone

Any ideas?

6 Replies 6

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You most likely do not have an "External Management Network Instance Profile" Configured.

Please check and let us know.

Thank you for using the Cisco Support Community

T.

Hi Tomas

You are correct there is no "External Management Network Instance Profile". Should there be and if so how should I configure it?

The main problem I have is that I am unable to import the backup .gz file.

I have been able to sftp the file down from command line on the apic, is there a command I can run on the apic that converts this file into the config?

Thanks

Ben

You need to configure  "External Management Network Instance Profile".

Once this is configured the OOB access should get "formed"

Then you need to use the "Import Configuration" utility under the ADMIN > IMPORT/EXPORT

This is the only way to import a configuration file.

Thanks

T.

Hi Tomas

Thanks for the quick response.

I think it might be useful if I explain what it is that I am trying to achieve. I have a lab with 2 spines/4 leafs/3 apics. I will be starting a series of workshops to educate my team on the glorious world of ACI. 

One of my first sessions will be "how to build a fabric". So I am currently in the process of decommissioning the switches and then issuing the "eraseconfig setup".

After erasing the APIC config the team will build the fabric and then upload the backup configuration from my SFTP server.

So the issue is that I am unable to download the backup file via the GUI.

I have just applied the eraseconfig setup command again I can confirm that it does not build an "External Management Network Instance Profile" from default.

I also have noticed that from a default build the Management Zone error appears.

I have configured the profile but the EPG has not "formed"

At the moment I am unable to download the configuration.

Thanks for your help on this

Ben

I can now confirm that the import (merge) has worked but the Management Zone error still remains.

Private message me your email.

What version of APIC and N9K version are you using?

Thanks

T.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License