Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

restoring ACI backup in a lab

Here is what I'm trying to do:

- create a snapshot for All Fabric on a production ACI system

- export a snapshot (simply scp proper *.gz file from /data2/snapshots)

- import snapshot file on a lab system (APIC used for testing)

- while trying to rollback to a new snapshot, following error is generated: "Global AES encryption key mismatch..."

So the question is how to restore a All Fabric snapshot, for testing/analysis purposes, on another ACI system?

NOTE: Lab system is freshly configured, no config, same version as production, different initial setup (like OOB IP address or a hostname).

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marcel Zehnder
Spotlight
Spotlight

You are using a AES-encryption key on your production ACI. If you want to import this configuration in your lab, you must configure the same AES-key in your lab-ACI before importing the config (Admin > AAA > AES Encryption...). 

View solution in original post

It's the TEP-range which is different in both fabrics. You cannot change this range after initial configuration. Try to setup your lab with the identical TEP-range as your production system.

Marcel

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marcel Zehnder
Spotlight
Spotlight

You are using a AES-encryption key on your production ACI. If you want to import this configuration in your lab, you must configure the same AES-key in your lab-ACI before importing the config (Admin > AAA > AES Encryption...). 

Thanks Marcel,

that helped. I'm now stuck with another problem and I'm hoping you have another great advice: I have a snapshot file (unencrypted) from production system and fresh install of same APIC version in my lab. I was able to upload production snapshot on my lab APIC but after I click on "Rollback to this configuration" button I receive following error: "[shard 32] failed to apply tree: Create-only and naming props cannot be modified after creation, class=fabricSetupP, prop=tepPool at 2019-02-05..".

Any ideas are appreciated!

Apart from same version, my lab APIC doesn't match production APIC (I mean different IP addresses). Could that be a problem? I hope not.

It's the TEP-range which is different in both fabrics. You cannot change this range after initial configuration. Try to setup your lab with the identical TEP-range as your production system.

Marcel

That was helpful, thanks. Unfortunately, I was only able to move one step forward and then I hit another error: "[shard 32] failed to apply tree: Password is required for MCP Instance Policy at ...". I'm hoping you have another great advice :)

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License