Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Traps for APIC

toshi5301
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,Experts

I just want to know that I can change snmp traps config on APIC.

According to url below,there are some snmp traps supported by APIC.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/1-x/mib/list/mib-support.html#switch-traps

Is it configuable item?

I mean that can I configer to stop the any snmp trap? If so how to do that?

Thanks

Toshi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Toshi,

my apologies for the issue that you are running into. What ACI firmware release are you running in your fabric that you are performing these tests?

In the later releases (2.1 or 2.2), we discovered some issues with SNMP traps for the APICs.

CSCvb92349 [SNMP]: snmp apic psu traps are not generated
CSCvd18981 APIC SNMP Traps are not being generated

These defects have been resolved but will not be available until the next maintenance release for 2.2(x) in the late April\May timeframe.

Once again, I apologise for inconvenience but we resolved the issues and the fix will be out in the near future.

T.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Toshi,

You can refer to my SNMP document here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/13100731/ask-aci-experts-snmp-aci-fabric

the SNMP Traps for the APIC is listed:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/1-x/mib/list/mib-support.html#apic-traps

There are limited SNMP Traps for the APIC.  If for some reason you wanted to modify or eliminate certain snmp traps, you will need to edit the "monitoring object(s)" for the SNMP sources in the Fabric and Access Policies. 

i.e..

Hi,Tomas

Thanks for your kindness.

I'm understanding that each leaf's and spine's snmp traps can be configured on apic's gui like you said.But as you pointed me both of  leaf/spine and apic's snmp traps can be configured on the same apic's gui,right?

Again,thanks for your great support/tech note!

Thanks

Toshi

The SNMP configuration for the ACI nodes (leaf, spine, and APIC) are managed via the APIC UI. The configuration covers all nodes.  That said, the mibs may be different between nodes so the same traps may or may not be sent.  That is why we list the mibs  & objects that are supported.

T.

Hi,Tomas

Thanks for your great support!!

Would you mind asking one more question?

I just wanted to see that snmp traps could be sent from apic correctlly,but as you know apic is not supported link down/up( i think these are more easily way to do that) and so on.

So I've tried to see  "cefcPowerStatusChange" trap by following two ways.

1.By pulling power cable

2.By removing power supply module

But,unfortunattely there're no snmp traps sent to NMS server.

From supported snmp traps list previously you guided me for apic,I thought that "cefcPowerStatusChange" trap could be sent by either above ways,am I wrong?

Thanks

Toshi

Toshi,

my apologies for the issue that you are running into. What ACI firmware release are you running in your fabric that you are performing these tests?

In the later releases (2.1 or 2.2), we discovered some issues with SNMP traps for the APICs.

CSCvb92349 [SNMP]: snmp apic psu traps are not generated
CSCvd18981 APIC SNMP Traps are not being generated

These defects have been resolved but will not be available until the next maintenance release for 2.2(x) in the late April\May timeframe.

Once again, I apologise for inconvenience but we resolved the issues and the fix will be out in the near future.

T.

Tomas

Thanks for the reply!

I'm testing ACI with 2.2(n),so it's affecting that ddts you said.

I'm waiting a next release fixed this issue.

Thanks a lot!

Toshi

David Yang
Level 1
Level 1

From the list, it appeared that the APIC only supported SNMP trap for physical components or at the system level. Does APIC send SNMP trap for any fault or event by the ACI managed objects (e.g. Bridge Domain or EPG)?

Thanks,

David

Hi David, 

Did you find if APIC sends SNMP trap for any fault or event by the ACI managed objects (e.g. Bridge Domain or EPG)? Or traps for configuration change of ACI Managed Objects?

Hi,

Here is the list with all ACI supported SNMP traps:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/Website/datacenter/aci/mib/mib-support.html 

Regards,

Sergiu

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License