Views
Helpful
Replies

SPAN with Laptop is not working for a VPC Source connected at ACI Leaf

MSJ1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

SPAN with Laptop is not working for a VPC Source connected at ACI Leaf Switch.

There is an Endpoint connected at vPC ( lsw2 - 688 - po18-1G-vPC_5 eth1/2 , lsw3 - 688 - po18-1G-vPC_5 eth1/2 )  and I want to span this vPC traffic with 2 Laptop connected at 2 Leaf Switch. Actually I wanted to connect one laptop but when I selected VpC Interface on SPAN Destination it showed error.

As Source vPC port is at 2 leaf switch I configured 2 laptop for 2 port of Source. And each time when I configured SPAN Destination I selected SPAN Destination Type as Access Interface. Note that I configured SPAN Destination to same leaf switch for each vPC port of SOURCE IP which I want to SPAN.

But when I check at laptops in Wireshark I do not see any packet it is listening.

Could you advise on this Please  ?

3 Replies 3

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The topology you have is a bit confusing. Do you want to redirect spanned traffic on the same interface it is received, or in other words, the source interface is the same as destination interface for your SPAN traffic?

Can you maybe share a drawing. Also, do you get any faults related to SPAN?

Cheers,

Sergiu

Connectivity.jpg

Do you want to redirect spanned traffic on the same interface it is received, or in other words, the source interface is the same as destination interface for your SPAN traffic? No

As you see from the Diagram they are connected at Leaf 103 and 104 as vPC with Port 103_1/2 and Port 104_1/2. And I want to SPAN these 2 port at Laptop Connected at Leaf 103 1/24 and 104 1/24. I did not wanted to setup 2 laptop instead 1 however it gave me error when I tried to setup SPAN Destination for Source at Different Leaf Switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License