Views
Helpful
Replies

SPINE links to IPN device in POD2 down

danto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I have a setup for ACI Multipod, I've brought up POD1, and the IPN devices, but there is no link between the IPN device in POD 2 and the spines. I am using 40Gbps twinax cables,an 40Gbps SFP with fiber, either are not comming up.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Georgian

20 Replies 20

Danto, 

Good to see that you were able to isolate this down to the 2 ports on the pod 2 IPN. 

Have you discussed this issue with the TAC data center switching team? 

If not, then could you post the running version of the Pod 2 IPN to this thread? 

Usually these issues are hardware related, but I can run a check to see if there are any software defects against this behavior. 

-JW

I had a webex session with TAC and they said there is a hardware problem with the box.

They approved the RMA, I am waiting for the new device.

The ports Eth1/51-54 are not bringing the link up. The transceiver is being seen, but the link never comes up. The other IPN in POD 1 is running the same NX-OS version and it is the exact hardware model, and all the links are working fine, it is a harware problem.

Thanks for the help!

I’m so glad you where able to figure that out. Good luck with the new switch.

Pretty late to the party, however I have seen this behaviour as well on N9K (92160) connected to the spines (N9336-PQ) , running software release nxos.7.0.3.I3.1.bin, manually changing the interface speed to 40000 and duplex full did the trick.

Between spine and leafs it worked without changing the configuration, I haven't looked at the bug list but could be one.

cheers

Alexander

Strange behavior to say the least.

Experienced the same issue on Nexus C92160YC-X running this software version, nxos.9.2.1.bin. Configuring the speed and duplex resolved the issue. Thank you.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License