cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSD error when upgrading to 3.2(4e) version.

HelenaC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

after upgrading ACI fabric to version 3.2(4e) I get this Fault on one leaf and one spine:

ssd.PNG

If I clck on "reload the switch" a dialog box emerges asking for confirmation and with a check-box option for "Update SSD".

Has anyone got this problem? Should the  "Update SSD" box be checked ?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Apologies - your other question - YES you want to check the box to reformat the SSD.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

decowser
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello - I ran into this also - its mentioned in the release notes (see page 4).  This upgrade is a one time event that affects the 9336c and 9364 baby spine.  I would definitely recommend attempting the upgrade in a window.  the upgrade takes a little while, and when i did mine I lost a leaf switch.  I had to wipe it and remove/rejoin it to the fabric.

thanks

Apologies - your other question - YES you want to check the box to reformat the SSD.

Thanks! Finally I opened a case, just to be sure I had the support if things turned ugly . You were right: it's mentioned in the releases notes. The weird thing is that the fault didn't raise for the other spine (which is the same exact model).

Luckily I didn't lose any leaf, but I had to update the ssh key in the APIC after the reload (fabric commands just didn't work, no error messages). 

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License