cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSD error when upgrading to 3.2(4e) version.

HelenaC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

after upgrading ACI fabric to version 3.2(4e) I get this Fault on one leaf and one spine:

ssd.PNG

If I clck on "reload the switch" a dialog box emerges asking for confirmation and with a check-box option for "Update SSD".

Has anyone got this problem? Should the  "Update SSD" box be checked ?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Apologies - your other question - YES you want to check the box to reformat the SSD.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

decowser
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello - I ran into this also - its mentioned in the release notes (see page 4).  This upgrade is a one time event that affects the 9336c and 9364 baby spine.  I would definitely recommend attempting the upgrade in a window.  the upgrade takes a little while, and when i did mine I lost a leaf switch.  I had to wipe it and remove/rejoin it to the fabric.

thanks

Apologies - your other question - YES you want to check the box to reformat the SSD.

Thanks! Finally I opened a case, just to be sure I had the support if things turned ugly . You were right: it's mentioned in the releases notes. The weird thing is that the fault didn't raise for the other spine (which is the same exact model).

Luckily I didn't lose any leaf, but I had to update the ssh key in the APIC after the reload (fabric commands just didn't work, no error messages). 

Cheers!

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License