cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supported ACI Node ID range

Bassam Abbasi
Level 1
Level 1

What is the supported Node ID range, I know 1 -29 is reserved and the recommendation is to start from 101. but what is the higher limit supported. Can't find this anywhere in documention.

Thanks!

Bassam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi Bassam,

The supported range IDs for switch nodes is 101-4000.

APIC nodess always get get IDs 1-x where x is the number of APICs you have - currently maximum of 3 (or 5 or 7 in a multi-pod fabric - see https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/3-x/verified_scalabilty/b_Verified_Scalability_3_0_1x_and_13_0_1x.html)

You can find this out by tying to add a node and putting in a large number and examinig the error messageNodeRange.png

or by clicking the i icon at the top of the page:

Node ID The ID of the APIC controller, leaf, or spine. The range is from 101 to 4000.

I hope this helps

RedNectar
aka Chris Welsh

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi Bassam,

The supported range IDs for switch nodes is 101-4000.

APIC nodess always get get IDs 1-x where x is the number of APICs you have - currently maximum of 3 (or 5 or 7 in a multi-pod fabric - see https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/3-x/verified_scalabilty/b_Verified_Scalability_3_0_1x_and_13_0_1x.html)

You can find this out by tying to add a node and putting in a large number and examinig the error messageNodeRange.png

or by clicking the i icon at the top of the page:

Node ID The ID of the APIC controller, leaf, or spine. The range is from 101 to 4000.

I hope this helps

RedNectar
aka Chris Welsh

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Thank you so much for the answer!

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License