cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch profile and interface profile are missing in Multipod configuration (ACI version 4.1(1i))

suneq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

I had recently the opportunity to configure Multipod with the ACI version 4.1(1i). It was my first experience with Multipod so I used the "ACI Multipod Configuration White Paper" (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/white-paper-c11-739714.html) as my reference. 

As I expected, the configuration steps changed a little bit but I found the wizard in version 4.1 (Fabric > Inventory > Quick Start > Add Pod) pretty easy to follow. My problem was, when I checked the list of objects that the wizard created (picture below), I did not see any switch profile or interface profile. All other objects of the access policies (Vlan pool, Routed Domain, AEP, Interface Policy Group) were present. I expected to see some switch profiles (for the Spine) and interface profiles (for the interfaces which are connected to the IPN) but they were really not there (at least from the GUI point of view) and Multipod worked (I see IPN switches and switches of the other pod).

I was a bit confused, did Cisco change how the access policies work with Multipod, or may be I miss something? Could you please help me to clarify this? Thank you for your advices.

Multipod_objects.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Udo,

Thanks for your reply. but Multipod worked correctly. I talked to a TAC engineer, he said that I should accept it as a change of the version 4 without any further explanation. For a beginner like me, it's easier for me to follow the logic of the Access Policies if the Switch Profile and Interface Profile are there but it's OK, at least I'm sure that I don't miss anything.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

udo.konstantin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the Wizzard only creates the "logical" part. You must manually create the interface profiles, policy-groups etc for the IPN devices. 

Best regards

Udo 

Hi Udo,

Thanks for your reply. but Multipod worked correctly. I talked to a TAC engineer, he said that I should accept it as a change of the version 4 without any further explanation. For a beginner like me, it's easier for me to follow the logic of the Access Policies if the Switch Profile and Interface Profile are there but it's OK, at least I'm sure that I don't miss anything.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License