cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog on ACI

a12288
Level 3
Level 3

I setup syslog on ACI to let log informational syslog to external syslog server, and I think the configuration is correct on various places on ACI but only the external syslog server only receives system wide syslogs without the syslogs from leaf or spine, like one leaf switch port going down.

Has any successfully setup the ACI syslog and you syslog servers can receive all of the logs? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

micgarc2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you create the syslog policy under the fabric policies and access policies?

I think I did. By the way, we are running 4.0(1h).

1. Fabric -> Fabric Policies -> Policies -> Monitoring -> Default -> Callhome / Smart Callhome/SNMP/Syslog
[cid:image001.jpg@01D4F43A.D67920D0]
2. Fabric -> Fabric Policies -> Policies -> Monitoring -> Common Policy -> Callhome / Smart Callhome/SNMP/Syslog

[cid:image002.jpg@01D4F43A.D67920D0]
3. Fabric -> Access Policies -> Policies -> Monitoring -> Default -> Callhome / Smart Callhome/SNMP/Syslog
[cid:image003.jpg@01D4F43A.D67920D0]

those attachments dont show up here but I believe you. Is the OOB configured for these nodes properly. With an external instance network profile defined?

Yes, OOB is defined and the external syslog server can receive system level logs originated from APIC, but not the logs originated from spine, leaf like a leaf interface goes down.
I sense it is the configuration problem but cannot figure out where went wrong.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License