Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade 9336pq without apic

as00001111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

can you tell me how to upgrade a nexus 9336pq with aci  version 13.1.1i to 14.2.3q without apic controller?

Apic controller is on 4.2.3q, I'm not able to join 9336pq.

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Hi Claudia,

I have already seen that topic but it doesn't help me because link in that topic refers to datacenter documents but I can't find the proper document. I think it's deleted.

Can you help further?

Hey...I'm so sorry...I guess from here on out I need to check all the links!

Try this (and attached just in case):

https://community.cisco.com/legacyfs/online/attachments/document/technote-n9k-aci_manual_upgrade_01.pdf

Hi Claudia,

thank you for the document!

I got some questions:

1) is it possible to assign an ip address to management interface of spine switch to copy image via scp or is my only possibiltiy via usb?

2) can you tell me the command to copy image from usb to bootflash? Is it "copy usb:%image% bootflash:"  ?

3) Is it technically possible to join older spine switches to newer apic controllers or is it absolutely necessary that spine switch and apic are on the same version?

4) is it technically possible to downgrade apic controller from version 4 to version 3? (that I'm then able to join the spine switch)

5) How does apic controller recognize spine switches since only leaf switches are psychically connected to the apic?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License