cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading ACI Fabric to v1.1(1j) straight from v1.0(2j)?

Douw Steyn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I want to know if I can upgrade the ACI Fabric to v1.1(1j) straight from v1.0(2j)?

The release notes for 1.1(1j) only shows these examples:

Upgrading the APIC Controller

Table 2 contains the supported APIC upgrades.

Table 2 Supported APIC Upgrades

From

To

Limitations

Recommended Procedure

1.0(4x)

1.1(1j)

None

1.     Upgrade APICs

2.     After APICs are upgraded successfully, upgrade the switches using two or more maintenance groups

1.0(3x)

1.0(4x)

None

1.     Upgrade APICs

2.     After APICs are upgraded successfully, upgrade the switches using two or more maintenance groups

Note: If you are upgrading from 1.0(3i/k) and using AVS, upgrade AVS after the APICs and fabric switches. You must upgrade to the AVS image distributed with the EFT.

1.0(2x)

1.0(4x)

None

1.     Upgrade APICs

1.0(2x)

1.0(3x)

None

1.     Upgrade APICs

Nowhere does it show 1.0(2x) to 1.1(1j)

Is it necessary to go to 1.0(4x) first?

Standing by, thank you.

Douw

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mikriple
Level 1
Level 1

Douw,

You will need to ugprade to the latest 4x release which is 1.0(4h) then upgrade to 1.1(1j). It is the 3rd row in the chart but I guess it's not as clear as to the fact that you will need to go from 1.0(2x) to 1.0(4x) then to 1.1(1j).

Thanks,

Mike Ripley

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mikriple
Level 1
Level 1

Douw,

You will need to ugprade to the latest 4x release which is 1.0(4h) then upgrade to 1.1(1j). It is the 3rd row in the chart but I guess it's not as clear as to the fact that you will need to go from 1.0(2x) to 1.0(4x) then to 1.1(1j).

Thanks,

Mike Ripley

Nice one, thanks Mike.

I'll do that.

Douw

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License