Views
Helpful
Replies

Vcenter Upgrade - Questions

roysm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have VMM integration set up for our ESX 6.5 environment. When this was set up, Vcenter was installed on a Windows server. We are now looking to upgrade to ESX 6.7 and apparently this will be the last version to support Vcenter on Windows. It looks like they are pushing people towards the Vcenter appliance. So, my guys are thinking, as part of our upgrade, it would make sense to replace the existing Vcenter server with the appliance.

Has anyone looked at this yet or even done it?

How does it affect the VMM integration?

Even if we just upgrade the existing Windows Vcenter server to 6.7, do I need to update anything on the VMM domain? e.g. the DVS reports v.6.5 but I cannot seem to change this. Does ACI automatically get the version number from VMWare?

Many thanks

Roy

3 Replies 3

rivabe123
Level 1
Level 1
Did you get any reply on this?

No. We went ahead with the Vcenter upgrade with no issues. 

Lapta
Level 1
Level 1

As long as the matric compatibility are match, you are good to continue upgrading the vcenter.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/Website/datacenter/aci/virtualization/matrix/virtmatrix.html

None of aci part action required.

Once you upgrade the vcenter from 6.5 to 6.7, the vds will also upgraded. Then you will find your ACI vds version changed too from 6.5 to 6.7

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License