cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual login to APIC Sandbox

jonnyreid
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, I am new to all this but coping not bad I think. I am trying to do some work with ACI programming on the Cisco Virtual Sandbox, the thing is I keep returning authentication error. I have also tried to get in through Postman and the same happens there. I did read somewhere from a post back in 2018 or 2019 that the user/password had been changed back, meaning that it had been changed, at least that's what I took from it. Can someone tell me if this has been changed, or if they also have this problem?

Thanks,

Jonny.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @jonnyreid 

I believe it did change not too long ago.

You can always get the latest credentials by going to the Sandboxes on DevNet.
I was able to get in with these credentials.

2021-08-06_08-15-00.gif

Connecting to the ACI Server:
This ACI Sandbox Lab contains a shared ACI Server Instance.
The server can be connected using login credentials admin and password : !v3G@!4@Y and is located at

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @jonnyreid 

I believe it did change not too long ago.

You can always get the latest credentials by going to the Sandboxes on DevNet.
I was able to get in with these credentials.

2021-08-06_08-15-00.gif

Connecting to the ACI Server:
This ACI Sandbox Lab contains a shared ACI Server Instance.
The server can be connected using login credentials admin and password : !v3G@!4@Y and is located at

jonnyreid
Level 1
Level 1

I will give that a try Claudia.

One other thing if you can help! As you worked through the module, did you have to actually book time to use this? Or is this shared instance available to log straight in to?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Jonny

Hi @jonnyreid,

Ah! the beauty of the DevNet Sandboxes!!  
So the one from above is the "Always On" Sandbox.  It is quite literally always on and available directly on the Internet (no VPN, no reservation).   Note that you can't ping it. I believe Cisco tries to protect the Always On resource as much as they can as they are out there exposed on the Internet.   Don't worry if on occasion you can't log in or if your first login fails or your first rest call fails etc.  Always try again. I do think the Always On resources get hit pretty hard.  

Having said that there is also a Simulator that you can reserve.  Today the one you can reserve is on ACI 4.2 while the Always On is running 4.1.

https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/RM/Topology.

(Requires a login - free account)

sandbox2021-08-07_07-43-25.gif

Claudia,

Thanks so much for the information, I could probably find these answers if I looked harder but some of the other things are so frustrating. I appreciate the responses greatly.

Dime por favor, ¿eres de españa?

Thanks,

Jonny.

no hay de qué, Jonny

Soy de Mexico, pero he estado en los Estados Unidos por mucho tiempo.

De vez en cuando es un alivio obtener la solucion facilmente. !En este negocio hay muchas soluciones que tenemos que buscar todo el tiempo! ?Cierto?

Sí puedo entender mas o menos, pero uso Google por alunas palabras. No he practicado  hablar español por mucho tiempo.

Gracias por su tiempo.

Jonny.

sam24
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , I recently used cisco ACI sandbox, its been like a week today once i login with the regular username and password i relaize all my confis is gone and it seems there is no longer leafs or spine switches its only the apic, any body had this issue please let me know how can i get back to my old config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License