Views
Helpful
Replies

VMM domain 5.5 issue: Some VMs lost conectivity after reboot

ricardojrm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I 've trying to solve a problem on our integration betwen ACI with VMM domain(version 5.5) and Vmware enviroment(ESXi 5.5). Some VM's lost conectivity after reboot and sometimes without no reason. To deal with it, I need to change the virtual machine's port group to another one and apply the configuration. Then it is changed back to the original port group, all using VMWare Web Client. This is just a workaround and ocasionaly the issue happens again with the same VM and others. Anyone got the same problem?

Note: We have a  Vmm domain on version 6.5 working without problems

6 Replies 6

6askorobogatov
Level 1
Level 1

How's MAC pinning configured ? are VMs pinned to one FI or both ? Do you have any faults related to MAC flapping  from interface to interface ? 

ricardojrm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

MAC pinning is configured on both VMM domains.

mac_Pinning_55.png

I got some events of detached and attached, is this a MAC flapping event?

Mac Flap.png

Some questions:

Looks like there's a vPC policy group configured on ACI, but you have MAC Pinning enable on the vSwitch.  Is there an intermediate switch/blade_switch to require this configuration?

Robert

Hi Robert,

The MAC Pinning is enabled on vSwitch, i got a table mapping ACI and Vmware terms. 

config_vmware_MAC.PNG

I confirmed on Vmware enviroment the port group configuration.

But, there is a diference betwen  VPC interface policy group  and VMM domain port channel policy configuration .

On VMM domain the port channel policy is Mac Pinning, on VPC interface policy group the Port Channel policy is LACP-ON, is it a problem?

I'm still checking the IBM Blade switch for the intermediate configuration.

Regards,

Ricardo

Ricardo, you also have CDP disabled on uplink vPC. Is DVS configured with CDP or LLDP ? 

Hi, 6askorobogatov

The CDP is disabled on VPC, i attached a picture:

vpc_sw1.png

Thi DVS is configured with:CPD disabled and LLDP Enabled

lldp_DVS.png

Thanks!

Ricardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License