Views
Helpful
Replies

VPC Creation Work Flow

Ahmed Sabanaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ,

we have started implementing and migrating our enterprise network with ACI fabric , and we are moving to do so step by step .

now we are going to Migrate 3 Oracle DB Servers 4 Link connection for each server as an aggregate to the ACI Fabric , we decide to use 2 different VPC groups 1 for Data  and the other for Live migration between the DB servers(Like V motion in the Vmware) , my issue is related to the VPC creation Steps , actually i cannot find any logical configuration flow for the VPC is there any logical work flow may tie the VPC configuration requirements ?....

i need the following :

Lets Say that i have one Server (DB Server and i need to connect it to the ACI Fabric) As Below :

1-Kindly find the attached image which describing connection sample .

2- i need to configure 2 interfaces for each VPC under Policy group .

3-Allow the appropriate VLANs to pass through .

4-Creat EPG for each VLAN , and Associate it with the physical interfaces .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I created a workflow for you for a Basic VPC connection.  This simply sets up the ports as a VPC.  You would then use this VPC on an EPG, L2, & L3 policy.

I hope this helps.

T.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I created a workflow for you for a Basic VPC connection.  This simply sets up the ports as a VPC.  You would then use this VPC on an EPG, L2, & L3 policy.

I hope this helps.

T.

hi  Tomas ,

First of all i would like to thank for your response , also need to inform you that the link that you have shared was very useful , but kindly i have another question about step # 6 , what is the Domain mentioned there ? is it a bridge domain or what ? , i am asking this question because i am confusing between assigning the bridge domain on the EPG creation and also on the VPC Group Creation .

Hi Ahmed,

what step 6 in the guide refers to is NOT a bridge domain. It's either the physical domain you would create to attach bare metal servers or the VMM domain you would use if your Oracle servers would be virtualized. I assume you need a physical domain here and that is basically nothing more than a VLAN range with a name.

Then when you create an EPG within your Application Profile you have to specify a Bridge Domain (not the physical domain we're talking about) and "Statically Link with Leaves/Paths". In the static link part you have to specify a physical domain and this domain is the one you create in step 6.

I hope this clarifies your question if not I'd be happy to try harder ;)

Thanks Man :) .

In addition to what Nik has mentioned.  Here are 3 screen snapshots of samples of the different "ACCESS POLICIES" Domains.

Thanks Alot ,

Appreciated .

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License