Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7341 problem 4.2.3c

Hi,

I need help with a problem with a WAE 7341.

I installed and activated this device yesterday. Once inline, it came up to Gig full duplex and I rebooted. Everything was fine.

Today I realised my device was down; not answering to pings; I go to check and it is turned on but the inline card is in a bypass state!

I tried the console port and nothing would come up. so i rebooted the device...

It loaded correclty (no issues) the I realised that I have a lot of the following messages in my syslog.txt file:

kernel: %WAAS-SYS-4-900000: Neighbour table overflow.
ntpd[5247]: %WAAS-UNKNOWN-5-899999: kernel time sync status change 0001
kernel: %WAAS-SYS-4-900000: printk: 627 messages suppressed.
exec_license: %WAAS-CLI-5-170098: The License Transport has not been purchased.

not repeated once or twice but hundreds!

the ones that show up most are:

kernel: %WAAS-SYS-4-900000: Neighbour table overflow.

kernel: %WAAS-SYS-4-900000: printk: 627 messages suppressed.

Any ideas?

could this have caused by WAAS to crash?

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smnambia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Patrick,

Following is the ddts for the Transport license displayed message CSCtc38874

and for the Neighbor Table Overflow I see the following Enhancement Request CSCtd13825

Not sure if the two messages can cause the box to crash as we do not see that condition mentioned in the above ddts.

I would suggest you to open a TAC or PDI case depending on whether it is a post production or pre production/POC issue and check the sysreport and make sure there are no system level issues with the device.

Regards

-Smita

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

smnambia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Patrick,

Following is the ddts for the Transport license displayed message CSCtc38874

and for the Neighbor Table Overflow I see the following Enhancement Request CSCtd13825

Not sure if the two messages can cause the box to crash as we do not see that condition mentioned in the above ddts.

I would suggest you to open a TAC or PDI case depending on whether it is a post production or pre production/POC issue and check the sysreport and make sure there are no system level issues with the device.

Regards

-Smita

Hey, thanks for your response. No they don't seem to be bugs that can cause a system crash!

It's weird, I have nothing in the logs indicating a system shutdown or problem.The device did not crash and reload but just froze, stopped responding on the management interface and no output on the console port!

kernel debugging or further digging in might be required...

I will definetly contact the TAC if the problem persists...

Let me know if you have any other indications or known bugs similar to this!

Thanks

Patrick

I'm glad to inform you that the issue got resolved.

It was indeed caused by this bug: CSCtd13825 which is rated 6 enhancement.

The gig 1/0 management interface of the 7341 was in a /16 network and due to the ARP issue, the Cisco WAE-7341 would completely hang!

TAC explained that WAAS cannot have more than 1024 ARP entries in its ARP cache at the same time.

WAAS doesnt implement a cleanup mechanism or a failsafe for this issue and therefore the overflow.

In my case, these messages appeared in large amounts in the syslog.txt file and caused the WAE to hang. It became unresponsive to ping, telnet, ssh and the inline card went into bypass or passthrough mode.

The solution is easy, put the interface in a smaller network with access to the CM...

Patrick