Helpful
Replies

ACE 4710 Operations Virtual Servers showing Oper State as N/A

comtec.ops
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has come across the following issue before:

We currently have a pair of ACE4710 in HA running A3(2.7) and when we have added new virtual servers any new ones show up under the Operations - Virtual Servers window as showing their Oper State as N/A. as follows:

However, clicking on the N/A brings up a window showing that the virtual server is Active and inservice and handling traffic. This doesn't appear to be affect the services using the VIPs that have N/A against them as all appears to be fine.

Just wonder if anyone had seen this before and if there is a reason for it.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

Ryan,

That version is pretty old.

It looks the issue matches with this bug:

CSCte12130 

A reboot may be required.

Jorge

Mark if it was useful

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

comtec.ops
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, the screen shot I had placed in the post didn't come out. it displays as follows when viewing the Oper State in the Operations - Virtual Servers windows

bhartsfield
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen that before right after creating a VIP which I assume is just the GUI hasn't caught up yet.  I seem to remember them going away over time without having to do anything to them.  Never kept a real close eye on them since I mostly work from the CLI, but I do remember seeing them and don't see them now and didn't do anything specific to "fix" them. 

Not sure if that helps or not. 

Thanks for you reply bhartsfield. I mostly work from the CLI as the network engineer but we have server engineers who use the GUI to take things in and out of service if they are conductinh maintenence on the servers. So along with the N/A status it also is missing the current connection count which is also used by the server guys.

The last time I created a VIP I did it via the GUI to see if it was a GUI issue not syncing with the CLI. I have also forced the DM to sync with CLI, but it still has the same results.

Thanks again for your reply, at least I know I am not alone in seeing this behaviour

Regards

Ryan

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

Ryan,

That version is pretty old.

It looks the issue matches with this bug:

CSCte12130 

A reboot may be required.

Jorge

Mark if it was useful

Thanks Jorge,

A reboot did do the trick on some of them. So I believe it's an ongoing issue.

Ryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: