cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE: Can real servers be on a non directly to ace network?

g.eleftheriou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am wondering If i can do http load balancing on servers that are not on a directly connected to ace network  (e.g. another location)

Will it do routing or not?

cheers,

george

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this is possible.

But since the client communicate with the virtual ip address and not the server, you need to make sure the server response does come back to ACE so that it can be forwarded to the client with the virtual ip address.

This is the part that is not easy with remote servers since they will see a request from a client and will respond directly to the client.

The possible options are - source natting client traffic on ACE or configuring PBR to guarantee that the response is redirected to ACE.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this is possible.

But since the client communicate with the virtual ip address and not the server, you need to make sure the server response does come back to ACE so that it can be forwarded to the client with the virtual ip address.

This is the part that is not easy with remote servers since they will see a request from a client and will respond directly to the client.

The possible options are - source natting client traffic on ACE or configuring PBR to guarantee that the response is redirected to ACE.

Gilles.

Great news,

I thought I would need source natting too.

thanks a lot,

george

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: