cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ace loadbalancer alerting (4710 standalone unit)

nouraj jaman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I wandered if someone can help me with this query.

If i set up a VIP with rate-limiting, i want to be able to send the ops a team an alert to say the threshold has been reached, is this possible by syslog or snmp traps? Or what is the best way to achieve this?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

gaursin2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

not sure of VIP rate-miting.  but if it related rserver rate-limiting then when a rserver reach its limit its status change to "MAX-CONN" and a syslog is generated

%ACE-4-442003:  Real Server real_server_name in serverfarm sfarm_name 
changed state to new state

you can configure this to be forwarded to your external syslog server

Hi

Thanks Gaurav, below is the two configs rserver or VIP rate limiting, it similar config and hoping it does generate a log, guess i will have to test this out and find out. Do you have to configure any additional or it will just send the syslog message if syslog server is configured?

Also once the threhold is reached, all other traffic is discarded? How does the server reset it status to recieve traffic again?

rserver based rate limiting

serverfarm host api-farm

rserver api-server

rate-limit connection 300

Vserver based rate limiting

parameter-map type connection api-map

rate-limit connection 300

!

policy-map multi-match vlanx-vips

class VIP80

connection advanced-options api-map

Thanks

My mistake, i confused rate-limit with conn-limit and provided that option.

unfortunately when a rserver reacheds to its rate limit, its states do not change so the above mentioned syslog option will not work.

only way of verifiying is to mointor the " out-of-rotation count " under show serverfarm detail.  this counter will increase whenver limit is reached. I think we do not have any syslog or snmp trap option to notify whether limit is reached or not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: