Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE Module - Archiving Rserver/Serverfarm connection statistics

dedra_live
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have CiscoWorks and Cisco Security Manager in our setup. And we would like to record/archive the rserver/serverfarm connection statistics from ACE20 Module. CiscoWorks is only able to pull CPU & Memory stats.

Is there a way where connections stats can be collected. If so, please advise the method or tool (possibly free) which could record and give historical view of the connection statistics.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

chrhiggi
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Dedra-

What you are looking for is ANM. It is a software that runs on RedHat 5.2.X linux (we also just released a VMWare image for ESXi 4.X)  It uses SNMP, SSH, and system logging to manage and monitor CSS, CSM, ACE, and the SSL Service module (and to a minor extent the 6k chassis the devices are in.)  It stores information and has the ability not only to show you numbers, but graphs and topological ouputs based on your unique configuration.

Unfortunately, we do not offer it for free, but it is licensed based on how many contexts/physical devices you use it with.  Give you Cisco Sales engineer, or Cisco Partner a call and see about getting a demo license.  As well, check out the documenation on it located here:

http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6904/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Regards,

Chris Higgins

Hi Chris,

If the connections statistics can be delivered through SNMP MIBs then should any SNMP collector should be able to extract such statistics from ACE Module.

Please advise.

Thanks.

*Some* connection stats can be pulled from snmp (probably the majority), but some things are not available via SNMP MIBs.  ANM uses snmp, ssh, and syslogs all to monitor devices.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have learnt from one of the Cisco Partners that ANM is free for 5 Virtual Context per ACE Module but is licensed above 5 contexts. Is this correct.

Thanks.

Dedra-

I have no idea what the picture is in sales, I am just a lowely support engineer.  :-)  If ou give your local sales engineer a call, I am sure they would be more than happy to discuss what options are available for ANM.

-Chris Higgins

ANM is now free of charge. You just need to purchase the associated service if you want to get some maintenance.