cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE: upgrade to A2 (2.x ) or A2 (3.x )?

Roble Mumin
Level 3
Level 3

I am currently running variations of A2 1.x on my ACE's. So the basic question is go for the A2 2.x train or directly head for A2 3.x versions?

Any experience on stability or best practice advice?

Thanks for reading.

Roble

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately I do not have any documention to link pertaining to the 1.6a release.  I only learned of this about 2 weeks when I was working with TAC on a support case.  I had been running version A2(2.2) on my modules but the TAC engineer had me downgrade.

Maybe Syed, Giles or another guru can respond with more information.

** EDIT - I did find this post by Giles :  https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/479984#479984 **

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

JeramyKoval
Level 1
Level 1

Latest stable release is A2(1.6a)

.  I would stick with that unless you are having a specific issue/bug that is fixed in a later release

Hi Jeramy,

i noticed that A2 1.6a is listed as latest release. But i haven't been able to figure out that this implies the latest "stable". The 2.x and 3.x seem to have a bunch of new features which is not part of the 1.6a release. Not that i really need them, backup sounds nice though, but you never know when those come in handy. Anyhow is there a doc other than the release notes showing which release is marked as stable?

Roble

Unfortunately I do not have any documention to link pertaining to the 1.6a release.  I only learned of this about 2 weeks when I was working with TAC on a support case.  I had been running version A2(2.2) on my modules but the TAC engineer had me downgrade.

Maybe Syed, Giles or another guru can respond with more information.

** EDIT - I did find this post by Giles :  https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/479984#479984 **

Thanks for the link to Gilles posting this explains it pretty well.

Roble

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: