cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE20 Context - how to reset context configuration?

imanassypov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is there a way to reset/clear a particular context's configuration?

I see there is a 'wri erase' within a context, but no reload/reset - neither from the context itself nor from the Admin... puzzling...

I dont want to reload an entire blade just to clear one of the context's configs...

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

asharmav
Level 1
Level 1

Try , deleting the context and readding it again from the Admin Context. This should work.

Regards

Abijith

After that you can create a clean ckeckpoint, so you always can go back to that point.

Abijith,

you recommendation is not best for cases when you have a series of checkpoints / files on the disk within the context. If you were to nuke the context and recreate it from the admin context all your data will go with it.

Marko, thanks for the nice trick. It is very neat way of achieving the reset, but I have a bit of an issue - I have a long-time running context with many checkpoints, and none of them are blank...

Is there a way to inject blank checkpoint to disk?

what about the copy tftp: checkpoint: command?

Hello,

Here, you have a document about checkpoint, you could check it out as reference as well:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA1_7_/configuration/administration/guide/upgrade.html#wp1012331

As per this cisco document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA3_1_0/configuration/device_manager/guide/UGconfg.html#wp1002105, this is the procedure via GUI:

Deleting Virtual Contexts

Use this procedure to remove an existing virtual context.

Procedure

Step 1 Select Config > Virtual Contexts. The All Virtual Contexts table appears.

Step 2 Select the virtual context you want to remove, then click Delete. A window appears, asking you to confirm the deletion.

Step 3 Click:

OK to delete the selected context. The device tree refreshes and the deleted context no longer appears.

Cancel to exit this procedure and to retain the selected context.

Jorge