Views
Helpful
Replies

ANM GUI idle session timeout

Paul Pinto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have ANM 3.2 installed at a customer and they wish to have an account logged in and have the dashboard up and on a monitor in the NOC at all times. Just want to check in if it is possible to change the default idle timeout (30 minutes) to 0 and if this would then allow that session to remain up/open always as desired. I imagine it would.

Also is this only availbe to change via advanced config with anm-tool? I think so.

Thanks.

Paul

3 Replies 3

chrhiggi
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Paul!

First, you are correct, you can only adjust the timeout from the CLI.  Second, you cannot set it to an infinite value (abou 24 days is the max you can set it to.)

What you need to do to tweak this value-

1.) SSH to the CLI.

2.) Go to cd "/opt/CSCOanm/etc".

3.) if there is a file called "system.properties", edit it, if it is not present, create it.

4.) add the value "anm.web.idleSessionTimeout=2147483647".

5.) Save the file.

6.) restart anm "/opt/CSCOanm/bin/anm-tool restart-services".

The better thing to do would be to have the PC that you have displaying the content running some sort of scrip to refresh the page.  If you do that - the GUI will never time out.

Chris

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for the response. I noted that version 4.1 has the following option: /opt/CSCOanm/bin/anm-tool --advanced-options=1 configure which appears to allow you to change this. We have verson 3.2, which does not have this --advanced-options=1 option. Also it creates the file /opt/SCOanm/etc/cs-config.properties for both versions.

Firstly, would this be the same file you are refering to? Second, if so, I would then make the addition to this file, right? Or would creating the system.properties file work as well on version 3.2?

Just want to confirm these points. Otherwise will also take your suggestion on the script under advisemant as well (a good one - Thanks).

Paul.

Hello Paul,

That is the equivalent value in 4.1, yes. Its better in 4.1 to use the anm-tool to mitigate any possible file editing mistakes.

Directions for 4.1 .bin install on RedHat:

1.) SSH to the CLI.

2.) Run the anm-tool: " ./anm-tool --advanced-options=1 configure ".
3.) You will see the line " Idle session timeout in msec [1800000] : ".

Update it with the value you wish to use.

Directions for ANM 4.1 Virtual Appliance:

1.) SSH to the CLI.

2.) Enter the command " anm-tool configure advanced-options ".

3.) You will see the line " Idle session timeout in msec [1800000] : ".

Update it with the value you wish to use.

Regards,

Chris Higgins