cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACE with BlackBerry+Microsft Exchange issue...

ahmed.gadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have ACE appliance 4710, configured as load balancer for Microsoft Exchnage 2010 Servers. Customer has implemented BlackBerry Enterprise server and facing issues related to disconnection.

BlackBerry guys provided me the documents which says optimize ACE for DCERPC traffic.Please see below as full description of my problem

BlackBerry® smartphone user receive a red X when sending new email or  replying to emails from the BlackBerry smartphone in what appears to be a  random pattern. If the affected user sends the message again, it is  delivered.

Please read the attached knowledgeBase from Blackberry.

click here...

It says

All MAPI communication that occurs between the BlackBerry® Enterprise  Server and the Microsoft Exchange Server is TCP in the form of DCERPC.  These connections between Microsoft® Exchange and the BlackBerry  Enterprise Server are usually open for extended amounts of time. When a  load balancer is implemented with a Microsoft Exchange Server, TCP  traffic is given a timeout value. This timeout value actively ceases all  extended TCP sessions between the two communication points.

Can someone help me on this issue, how can i configure ACE appliance for optimizations of DCERPC traffic between the  BlackBerry Enterprise Server and Microsoft Exchange components.

Regards

Ahmed...

2 Replies 2

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ahmed,

I don't have experience with Blackberry, but, as the document mentions, the first thing to do would be making sure that the connection timeout  is set to something high enough

You can find more details on how to modify this value at the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/vA2_3_0/configuration/security/guide/tcpipnrm.html#wp1074289

I hope this helps

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Many thanks for your information.

I will update once i will configure at customer site.