Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAAS express and LPR printing

Srin_G
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Just commisioned waas express for one of our sites recently and having issues with mainframe LPR printing. When the branch prints a 300 page report it stops halfway mark. Did anyone encounter this issue? It happens in all printer models but only with mainframe printing.

The hardware is cisco 2911 series. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Regards

4 Replies 4

ahskhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In order to find out what could be wrong here we need packet captures from IOS router and WAAS device, for the time being you may need to use WAAS CM and put this traffic in pass-through and confirm if this issue is resolved for you. Normally mainframes runs AIX , Unix and have very conservative views of TCP windowing. Hard to tell with out looking into packet captures and proper data. Thanks.

Ahsan

Thanks for your reply Ahsan. I am going to put in the lab and try to simulate the problem. I will do a packet capture as well. For one of our site i changed the compression from TFO+LZ+DRE to TFO+LZ only and they didn't have the problem for couple of days now. Not sure whether it is a fix. I will get back you after doing further testing.

cheers

ahskhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In order to find out what could be wrong here we need packet

captures from IOS router and WAAS device, for the time being you may need to

use WAAS CM and put this traffic in pass-through and confirm if this issue

is resolved for you. Normally mainframes runs AIX , Unix and have very

conservative views of TCP windowing. Hard to tell with out looking into

packet captures and proper data. Thanks.

Ahsan

After a month of packet capture and analysis cisco tac has narrowed down to:

CSCto59459 - Corrupt TCP header sent by WAAS-Express causes WAE crash and no workaorund available.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: