cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI command to wipe out waas hard disk contents

TCAM
Level 1
Level 1

I have a bad WAAS that I needed to replace.  Due to some security policies, I need to wipe out the contents on hard-disks before sending it back to Cisco.  By any chance, does any know the appropriate WAAS CLI command?

Thanks

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

You can use the command "WAE# disk delete-partitions " for each of the disks in your system

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

You can use the command "WAE# disk delete-partitions " for each of the disks in your system

Regards

Daniel

Thanks for your inputs and suggestions Daniel!!!.  I will test the command in lab. 

Question - once the disk is wiped out clean, if I want to reuse the disk, do I need to rebuild the disk "partition"? If yes, how? and what are the commands?

Thanks!

Joe

Hi Daniel,

I tried the command "disk delete-partitions " on my lab's WAAS, it works, thanks!

After WAAS was reloaded, the disk was wiped clean, however, I also got below messages, should I be concerned?

Do I need to re-install "disk based software", if yes, how?  Thanks!  Joe

login:

Password:

System Initialization Finished.

Disk based software not installed.

Some applications may not run correctly!

It turned out, i needed to use rescure cd to reinstall the disk based software on waas. After it had done, waas and harddisk were up and running.

Thanks

Joe

Does the suggested command - disk delete-partitions, actually delete the data on the disk (i.e. over write it with 0's or a pattern) or just delete the partitions from the partition table?