cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM sticky timeout value - is this an idle timeout value?

ttrevino1
Level 1
Level 1

We have sticky groups configured in our CSM, with an timeout value of 60 minutes. My question is does the timeout value reference an 'idle' value, such as a user disconnected from the session, and now that timer is counting down from the 60 minutes to 0, to remove the stale session out of CSM?

Or is this some other kind of value? If so, what does the value actually represent?

Group  CurrConns Timeout  Type

------------------------------------------------------------

17     290       60       src-ip netmask 255.255.255.255

Also, from this info below, is "this" timeout value in seconds, or should this show in minutes? Or is this a bug that I need to resolve by updating the CSM version? We're still on v2.2(1).

CSM with SSL  WS-X6066-SLB-S-K9

Thanks, Tony

switch#sho mod csm 1 sticky group 17

group   sticky-data              real              timeout
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
17      ip 10.x.x.x            10.x.x.x            3469
17      ip 10.x.x.x            10.x.x.x            3275
17      ip 10.x.x.x            10.x.x.x            3016
17      ip 10.x.x.x            10.x.x.x            2791
17      ip 10.x.x.x            10.x.x.x            879

5 Replies 5

ajayku2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The sticky timeout specifies the period of time  that the sticky information is kept in the sticky tables. The default  sticky timeout value is 1440 minutes (24 hours). It appears that you have configured the sticky timeout value higher then the default value. So the sticky timeout value is in minutes.

The sticky timer for a  specific entry is reset each time that a new connection matching that  entry is opened.

Say for example if a client ip creates a connection and based on client IP if there is a Sticky entry created.

Then the sticky entry will start its count down from there.

Say after some time same client connects again the count down will stop and it will reset the timer to configured or default value.

Hope that helps.

regards,

Ajay Kumar

Hi Ajay, thank you for the response. From your reply, "It appears that you have configured the sticky timeout value higher then the default value. So the sticky timeout value is in minutes," we set each group to have a 60 minute timeout value. I had read from another string that the timeout values I'm seeing in this table were incorrectly displayed, due to an upgraded needed on the CSM. We're running 2.2(1), and I thought I remember reading 4.2.2 was required to correct this bug?

switch#sho mod csm 1 sticky group 17

group   sticky-data              real              timeout
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
17      ip 10.x.x.x            10.x.x.x            3469
17      ip 10.x.x.x            10.x.x.x            3275
17      ip 10.x.x.x            10.x.x.x            3016
17      ip 10.x.x.x            10.x.x.x            2791
17      ip 10.x.x.x            10.x.x.x            879

This looks like a expected behavior. Please let me know the timeout configured for sticky.

sticky 1 netmask 255.255.255.255 timeout 60

vserver server1

virtual 10.x.x.x tcp https

serverfarm server1

sticky 60 group 1

idle 600

persistent rebalance

inservice

Hi,

Sorry I missed this response.

Looks like it is hitting some defect. Please check if this get fixed after upgrade.

regards,

Ajay Kumar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: