cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

deleting a WAE

bbalsley
Level 1
Level 1

I have a wae that continues to be recognized by the CM, even though the device is inactive and has been completely removed from the network. 

The device was uninstalled and removed from the CM per the Help instructions, but the device is still listed in the CM. In the Assign Devices page it's status is inactive and not modifiable.

I also get the following error on the Modifying Location page after trying to delete the device: "The Location is still being referenced by other objects and canot be removed".  The Parent Location selection box has None. The Name and Comments box both have the same device name listed. There is an attachement provided.

A year ago another device was removed without any issue. Any possible suggestions?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I remember seeing similar issue. Is this a WAE acting as CE? Ensure that it is not assigned  to any channels etc. Remove it from channels etc and try to delete it again.

Regards,

Kanwal

Hi,

I have faced similar issue in my environment before one year. so I am not sure what i had done in resolving the issue.

Try below steps and let me know

1.Can you try by adding any one of device to location *toronto*.

2. After adding the device try in delete the location

3. Try in deleting the WAE device.

Regards,

Bala

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: