Views
Helpful
Replies

error: duplicate element "AddressOnParent"

liorhaimovich
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to open an ANM OVA file: "anm-va-5.2.2.ova" on a ESXi server version 5.1 with vCenter 5.1.

I'm getting the following Error -" line 79:duplicate element 'AdderssOnParent' ".

Can someone help figure out how can i open this OVA file?

I attached the Error message  i get.

thanks.

12 Replies 12

jlamousn
Level 1
Level 1

I would make sure that your copy of the ANM ova file is not corrupt.  Do an md5 of the local copy you have and compare it with the md5 of the file posted on the CCO download site.

Joel Lamousnery
CCIE R&S - 36768
Engineer, Customer Support
Technical Services

Joel Lamousnery CCIE R&S - 36768 Engineer, Customer Support Technical Services

chad.willcox
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting the same error.  Did you find a fix for this error?

I am unable to see the screenshot. Can you upload it again.

regards,

Ajay Kumar

Since it's apparent that others are experiencing this error, and google only leads you here, it would be wonderful if there was a solution to this that could be posted here.

@Ajay Kumar

Here's the the relevant screenshot.

In my case, I've already verified that the MD5 checksum is correct.

Hi,

currently ANM is not supported on ESXi5.1. That's the reason you are seeing the above error.

regards,
Ajay Kumar

Thanks for this clarification.

EXSi 5.1 has been out for a while now, and it's not a promising scenario when the customer needs to upgrade his ACEs but is unable to upgrade the ANM.

Do you have any info that you can share on when we might expect an OVA image that'll be installable on EXSi 5.1 ?

Withbestregards,

J'J

I ran into this problem, too.

Jonatan, the only issue with running this on ESXi 5.1 that I've found is that the .ova contains some incorrect language for the newer release (disk definitions are incorrect).

If you extract the .vmdk from the .ova file and build a new machine with the correct ram, CPU etc and choose to 'use existing vmdk' when setting up the appliance, you should find that it boots right up and starts working

I've got that running in my environment quite happily.

Hi Alex,

Would you be able to share your vmware settings? I noticed that for instance NIC (PCNet32) does no longer exist in ESXi 5.1.

Thanks a lot,

Hans

G'day Hans,

I'm using an e1000 type adapter type.

Alex,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

Best regards,
Hans

Hello,

we are running ANM 5.2.2 on ESXi5.1 however ANM seems to be unstable. After a week of operation after logging in into ANM it hangs right after authentication with an empty white page.

Anyone has the same experience?

Rgrds,

A.

Andras,

We couldn't make ANM 5.2.2 OVF file work at all but I have to admit we didn't spent too much time to get this working. Finally we have used one old ESX 4.x host to import the OVF and moved it then to ESXi 5.1 which runs stable. Since Cisco gives up on ACEs (see related end of sales/end of support notices) I do not expect they will release any newer version of ANM which is supporting more current ESXi versions.

I think the signs are inevitable as there was no update since Nov 2012.

Best regards,
Hans

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: