cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTP'ing A virtual Blade to back it up.

Dan Loring
Level 1
Level 1

I first tried to back it up through the CM, but was getting errors in regards to the it failing while setting the remote directory.  So i Putty'ed onto the individual wave and typed in the following:

copy ftp virtual-blade 1 disk 1 192.x.x.x(ftp server) / bladename.img

and it came back with:

This will delete the existing disk image.

Are you sure you want to proceed?

I just want to make sure that this will not delete the blade that I am trying to back up???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dan,

You are using the wrong syntax. With this command, what you are trying to do is copying a file from a FTP server into a virtual-blade disk. That's why it's asking you whether you want to overwrite the data.

The right command to use to make a backup is "copy virtual-blade 1 disk 1 ftp 192.x.x.x(ftp server) / bladename.img"

I hope this helps

Daniel

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dan,

You are using the wrong syntax. With this command, what you are trying to do is copying a file from a FTP server into a virtual-blade disk. That's why it's asking you whether you want to overwrite the data.

The right command to use to make a backup is "copy virtual-blade 1 disk 1 ftp 192.x.x.x(ftp server) / bladename.img"

I hope this helps

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: