Views
Helpful
Replies

GSS Deployement Queries

ranjith.kanisan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I am very new to Cisco GSS and currently we are planning do the GSLB through GSS. Please help us to resolve below queries.

We need to place 2 GSS devices in our network and we are planning to deploy the same in DC1 and DC2 (As primary GSSM and standby GSSM). We need to do the GSLB for www.xyz.com.

Kindly suggest what are configuration (Step by Step) we need to do for achiving the same.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ranjith

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

gaursin2
Level 1
Level 1

Build your primary GSSM

create keepalive type, answer dns-list and finaly dns rule. follow Configuration guide of GSS,

finally enable gssm on standby and sync it with primary.

if you have any specific question please let me know.

View solution in original post

Answering to your first point of Link Loadbalancers, yes you can deploy your GSS for Link Load balancing but only for incoming requests [not for requests originated from your site]. Althoug I have configured this for one my site, but not sure whether its operable or not

This can be achived by using source list feature of GSS and source NAT on internet routers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gaursin2
Level 1
Level 1

Build your primary GSSM

create keepalive type, answer dns-list and finaly dns rule. follow Configuration guide of GSS,

finally enable gssm on standby and sync it with primary.

if you have any specific question please let me know.

Thanks Gaurav for your reply.

Kinldy clarify below queries also.

1. If any option is available for doing the link loadbalancing through GSS?

2. If my application is not URL based ( There is no DNS using and we are directly accessing VIP like http://172.16.1.10 ). Suggest me how can we achive the GSLB for the same?

Regards,

Ranjith

The GSS hands out responses to DNS queries it recieves. If your client is not using DNS to resolve the name to a IP address then the GSS will not come into play.

-Alex

Answering to your first point of Link Loadbalancers, yes you can deploy your GSS for Link Load balancing but only for incoming requests [not for requests originated from your site]. Althoug I have configured this for one my site, but not sure whether its operable or not

This can be achived by using source list feature of GSS and source NAT on internet routers.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card