cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure server NAT with multi-client vlans?

tporembski
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ACE30 with 2 client facing vlans and 2 server facing vlans within the same context.  I need to NAT traffic originating from a server to the VIP of client vlan 2, however the default gateway points to client vlan1.  How do I configure this?

5 Replies 5

Cesar Roque
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Please send me the running-config of the ACE and let me know the VIP address and what is the IP address of the server originating the connection you need to NAT

Is there an specific reason why you need to NAT the traffic from the server going to the VIP?

---------------------
Cesar R
ANS Team

--------------------- Cesar R ANS Team

I'll attach a config shortly.

We are not trying to NAT the server going to the vip.  The server needs to access the Internet and on its way out through the ACE we want to NAT it to the VIP.  The issue is there are 2 client facing vlans(292 and 294) and 2 server vlans(226 and 246).   This particualr app is using the combination vlan 246/292 but the default route out is through vlan 294.  Hope that doesn't confuse you more.

Please send me the running-config and let me know the IP address of the server, the Vlan and the IP address it should be natted.

---------------------
Cesar R
ANS Team

--------------------- Cesar R ANS Team

I am working on making up a shorter version of the config as the running config is enormous and for security reasons I can't send the complete config.  As soon as I get it finished I will post it.

Thanks

config is now attached.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: