cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load-balancing nat-t connections to VPN concentrators

gmiiller
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently using a CSS to provide redundancy across some nat-t VPN RAS sessions to some VPN concentrators (in different geographical areas) This works fine, but because I have to create content rules for both UDP 500 and UDP 4500 traffic, I'm concenred that if I move to a genuine load-balanced arrangement instead of merely redundancy, the CSS units might decide to direct UDP500 traffic from a remote user to one concentrator, and the subsequent UDP4500 traffic to another. I tried port ranges and a single content rule - no success. Does anyone know how to associate 2 udp content rules to enforce traffic symmetry, or will a default srcip balancing rule see the concentrator balance traffic based on srcip globally across all content rules?

1 Reply 1

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you do balance srcip, the CSS will use a hash and this hash function should be the same for all the content rules, so giving you the same results.

A single layer3 content rule with advanced-balance sitcky-srcip should work as well.

Regards,

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: