Views
Helpful
Replies

N7K-F348XP-25 on 7009 chassis?

danailpetrov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi chaps and Marry Christmas!

I have some questions with regards to N7K-F348XP-25 module. I am trying to place an order for N7009 chassis with FAB2 and SUP2E. However, for some reason the CCW does not allow me to select the module in question and I am getting a bit confused weather this is CCW tool issue/bug or it's rather wrong documentation, stating this module should be supported on all N7000 chassis

Many thanks in advance for your response! 

P.s. Btw, are you familiar with any Pros/Cons about F2e -vs- F3 modules? On paper F3 does seem to have everything that F2e has to offer, but I thought it's just worth asking/double checking with you guys. 

1 Reply 1

danailpetrov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have managed to get some response from Cisco, so decided to let you know.  

"N7K-F348XP-25 is supported on all Nexus 7000 chassis with SUP2 or SUP2E as a minimum requirement. This line card as of now is only orderable as a spare item hence you cannot swap out the F2E card for this F3-48 card, it will be shipping in early January so lead times are going to be roughly between 3-4 weeks. The F3 modules support MPLS today in hardware but MPLS feature will not be enabled until NX-OS 7.2 in Q2 Calendar Year 2015(April-June)."