Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEW WAAS APPLIANCES? WAVE-594

Hi,

I was reading the release notes of the new Cisco WAAS Software version 4.4.1 and I saw something very interesting in the new features section:

Support for six new WAAS appliances—The WAVE-294, WAVE-594, WAVE-694, WAVE-7541, WAVE-7571, and WAVE-8541 WAAS appliances are introduced and supported. Additionally, this release supports the following four new interchangeable interface modules that are used in the new appliances: 4xGE copper, 8xGE copper, 4xGE fiber, 2x10GE fiber (supported only on WAVE-75xx and WAVE-85xx appliances). Most of these interface modules can be configured to operate either with WCCP or inline interception.

I couldn't find the data sheets for these new appliances or any other information about them on the web... only the release notes mention them and the config guide says we can now configure TenGigabitEthernet interfaces... I also found the hardware install guides but I want specs, throughput estimates...

Does anyone have any data sheets, specs or links to more info about these appliances? maybe the Cisco powerpoints that usually promote them and announce them to partners before they go public?

Thanks,

Patrick Moubarak

4 Replies 4

Hi Patrick,

As far as I know these data sheets are not officially available, you should be able to find them on Cisco website as soon as they are.

Best regards,

Ahmad

Hi there,

Looks like it's been a month since your response Ahmed. Just wondering if a spec sheet has been published yet? I'm keen to know the DRE cache size of the high-end models e.g. 7541 and 7571?

Thanks,

Matt.

Hi,

The new WAVE platforms will officially launch in September which could be anytime this month. As far the DRE cache sizing is concerned please see below some numbers:

WAVE-7541 = 500 GB

WAVE-7571 = 1,000 GB

WAVE-8541 = 2,000 GB

For assistance with sizing and pricing out the new platforms, please work with your local ANS CSE

Regards

Kiran.

We are able to order the new devices as of Monday.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App