cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One arm ACE LB

bbraunschweig
Level 1
Level 1

I just received the ACE devices yesterday and have a simple question. Can the VIP and real servers be on the same IP subnet? And if they are does the default-gateway on the real server have to be set to the VIP ip address?

3 Replies 3

diro
Level 1
Level 1

Yes vip and real servers can be on the same subnet . What you then should use is bridge mode and use the msfc interface as dg for your servers:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008068551f.html#wp1174932

I could bridge the vlan but I need to share it accross context. A bridged can not be shared accross context. So how would I configure the ACE using a routed interface when the VIP and servers are on the same IP subnet.

you can do one-armed routed mode, but to ensure return traffic hits the ACE on the way from the rserver to the client you'll need to either use PBR on the mfsc or Source NAT in your ACE context.

marty

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: