X-router

|

X-router

|

X-router

|

10.2.1.1 rserver

10.2.1.2 rserver

I think it will work with source nat, however I have not seen any documention about this.

Regards,

nick

2 Replies 2

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Nick,

This will work, as long as the source NAT address is routed back to the ACE's.

Just to quickly go through the stages

1. Client will hit the VIP
  2. The ACE receives the request
  3. The ACE needs to know how to get to the rserver in the serverfarm
  4. This will require routes or routing towards the rservers.
  5. The ACE will then initiate connection on behalf of the client towards the rserver with the source being the SOURCE NAT address
  6. The rserver will receive the request from the source NAT of the ACE.
  7. The rserver will respond to the source NAT by going to its default gateway (router[s])
  8. The default gateway (router[s]) will need to know how to route back to the SOURCE NAT address on the ACE.
  9. ACE receives back the response from the rserver
  10. Connection is established.

This is the basic idea on how it works.

Hope this helps

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hi Nick,

One arm load balancing is very common and I have see a lot of  environments configured this way. Below is a link to the documentation guide that details the  one-arm scenerio.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/vA5_1_0/configuration/getting/started/guide/one_arm.html

-Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: