cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem importing CSS11050 into ANM

Nathan Spitzer
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to migrate from an ancient CSS11050 running version version 5.00 build 605 to two new ACE modules. I have installed an Application Network Manager Virtual Apliance version 4.1 and successfully imported the ACE modules, however it refuses to import the existing CSS module, the error I get is "Device discovery failed: Exception occured for model:BootController java.lang.NullPointerException" (see screenshot).I tried with and without selecting SNMP.

anm_error.JPG

I'm going to open a ticket but has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions? Since I am by no means a CSS (or ACE) expert having everthing loaded into ANM should make the migration easier.

Thanks

Nathan Spitzer

Sr. Network Communications Analyst

Lockheed Martin

2 Replies 2

rocash
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CSS11050 is a first generation CSS model and is not supported by ANM.

Only the second generation CSS models (CSS11501, CSS11503, CSS11506) which can run the latest software releases (8.10 and 8.20) are supported.

See the full list of supported devices here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/application_networking_manager/4.1/device_support/table/sdt.html

I thought that was going to be to easy.

I do have to gripe that it would have taken 30 seconds to implement a check and kick back a meaningfull error message instead of making it look like it was working.