cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about virtual CM and WAAS on ISR

gwhuang5398
Level 2
Level 2

I couldn't find the DVD to install virtual Central Manager (vCM-100N) on a ESX server. Is there a link where I can download the VM image? Here is a download link, but I didn't see vCM anywhere.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=280484571&flowid=122&softwareid=280836712&release=5.3.5d&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

We are going to use ISR (4331 and 4351) with WAAS module for all sites but I couldn't find a part number for SRE module. Can someone help me with that info?

If ISR uses SRE module to perform WAAS, is WAAS feature embedded in the router IOS universal image and enabled by AppX license? In other words, there's no need to download ISR OVA files in the previous download link and install on SRE module. Correct?

Thanks

Gary

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

finn.poulsen
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Gary,

1) You cannot download vCM images, you'll need to purchase it and you'll get a CD/DVD.

Contact your account manager or if you're a partner contact PDI helpdesk.

2) ISR4000 series are not compatible with SRE modules - they are for ISR G2 only

You can use ISR-WAAS (which runs in a virtual container on the ISR-4000, and requires a NIM module with SSD/HDD) or you can install a UCS-E blade in the ISR-4331 or 4351 and install ESX and run vWAAS  (not ISR-WAAS).

For the ISR-WAAS, I think you can order the routers with ISRWAAS preinstalled, but it is as such not part of IOS, it runs in a separate virtual container (the APPNAV-X is part of IOS-XE)

Best Regards

Finn

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

finn.poulsen
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Gary,

1) You cannot download vCM images, you'll need to purchase it and you'll get a CD/DVD.

Contact your account manager or if you're a partner contact PDI helpdesk.

2) ISR4000 series are not compatible with SRE modules - they are for ISR G2 only

You can use ISR-WAAS (which runs in a virtual container on the ISR-4000, and requires a NIM module with SSD/HDD) or you can install a UCS-E blade in the ISR-4331 or 4351 and install ESX and run vWAAS  (not ISR-WAAS).

For the ISR-WAAS, I think you can order the routers with ISRWAAS preinstalled, but it is as such not part of IOS, it runs in a separate virtual container (the APPNAV-X is part of IOS-XE)

Best Regards

Finn

Hi,

just for the archive, I'm Select Partner and contacted the PDI, but this status is also not enough:

To access the PDI Technical Advisors your company needs to hold at least one of the required Cisco specializations for the respective technology below.  Entitlement is confirmed using the Partner Locator Tool on Cisco.com:

WAN optimization Cases:

Advanced Enterprise Network Architecture

Advanced Unified Access Specialization

Master Enterprise Networks

Cisco Distributors

Approved Ecopartners

I'm now in touch with my Distributor ... 

Michael Please rate all helpful posts

Hi Gary,

Actually I notices that, for the new release 6.2.3b, you can download the ESXi image (ova-file) for VCM-100N.

And if you want an earlier release, you can always downgrade, using the universal bin image.

Best Regards

Finn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: