Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote server load balancing by ACE

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We have ACE 4710 inslatted in 1-Arm mode deployed in DC where it is load balancing DC servers properly. Now my management wants to load balance the DR servers as well using the DC ACE. Is this possible??

4 Replies 4

amacuz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi acharyr123,

could you please elaborate a bit more your question? What are the DR servers, what are the requirements and the potential constraints that you see with the ACE?

Alessandro

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Hi Alessandro,

DR server gateway is DR core switch. Do you see it a challenge??

Regards,

Partha

Hi Alessandro,

I have not done this yet...In DR I do have some Microsoft AD & SAP servers which I would like to be load balanced by the centralized ACE.

Regards,

Partha

Hi Partha,

I think that by DR you mean Disaster Recovery. As far as I know normally a DR plan does not use just the ACE but a combination of GSS+ACE is used.

Also in my opinion if you want to use the ACE to handle the outage on one site you still have a single point of failure due to the physical location of the ACE.

I don't know the specifics for your situation but as I said normally the combination GSS+ACE is preferred; the GSS can redirect clients' requests to different ACE systems, located in different physical locations.

So as long as the DR serverfarm is reachable from the ACE, from the technical point of view you should not have any problem ; then you should check if your choice indeed meets the requirements for a DR solution.

If you have an account team better would be to speak with them they can advise on which solution suits better your needs and if what you have in mind is one of the solutions you can implement.

I hope this clarifies more

Alessandro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: