Views
Helpful
Replies

Some connections not releasing after WAAS 4.1.1 upgrade

adrianjames
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We use What's Up to monitor network resources over the wan. Ever since I upgraded our waas devices to 4.1.1, the connections between the monitoring server and windows 2003 servers on the other side of the wan do not get released, and eventually we go over the limit and traffic starts passing through.

The CM shows the connections as being up for hundreds of hours, and the classifier is MS-EndPointMapper on all of them. Is there any way to force these connections to close? A netstat on the windows box does not show the same amount of connections.

Thanks

Adrian

6 Replies 6

cfolkerts
Level 1
Level 1

There is still a bug with the EPM adapter. I was having the same issue and TAC had indicated to disable the EPM Accelerator from the central manager. Then on each individual WAE, disable the EPM accelerator with the command "no accelerator epm enable". This will remove those stale connections.

I don't think there is a published bug ID for this yet.

HTH

Thanks, I'll disable for now.

Clifton,

Can you please email the TAC case # where you were given these instructions?

Thanks,

Zach

Does this mean that with the EPM adapter disabled we lose the exchange acceleration functionality?

Is this a published bug? Has it been fixed in 4.1.1c? Thanks.

This bug has been fixed in 4.1.1b. Below is the bug ID.

Software Version 4.1.1b Resolved Caveats

The following caveats were resolved in software version 4.1.1b:

CSCsu65835-The port mapper (port 135) freezes when non-port mapper traffic is connected to the port and the EPM application accelerator is enabled. EPM server port 135 is used by certain applications to exchange dynamically generated end-ports for data transfer. Non-EPM-service traffic for server port 135 can be affected, which leads to application unavailability. Not all applications that use non-EPM service on port 135 are affected. Most typical enterprise applications such as the Outlook client and Exchange server (e-mail) that use the EPM service are not affected. However, other applications such as Mobile-server retrieving voicemail from the Exchange server, can be affected by this caveat.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: