Helpful
Replies

Uplink from SG350 to another SG350 with two untagged VLAN Accces Ports

timo.woellner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i has the following issue;

The first SG300 has two segments of differernt vlan acces port ranges. Now i want to uplink it to another SG350 with the same different vlan access ports and want to uplink each range with single uplink cables. Sure i can it trunk it, but i must switch it without tagging. So, now the issue; on both Switches STP is default enabled and so only one Uplink is working.

How can i it make to working now ?

thanks for any help

5 Replies 5

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

So you want to connect the switches using mode access switchports, with each switchport carrying a separate VLAN?

Normally if you did this the switch would detect the STP BPDUs and place the switchports in err-disable….that is why you use a trunk port. But if you want to pursue this design then enable BPDU filter on both ends of each switchport link.

Cheers,

Seb.

hello,

thank you for your help. On the first Switch (SG300) i can switch the BPDU Option from Flooding to Filtering, but at the other switch (SG350) this Option is gray-out. Is this which option do you mean ?

Yes that is the feature. On the SG350 has spanning tree been enabled?

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

SMB switch SG350 will only work with RSPT and MST. so you have two option:

1. Make a PortChannel and combine both physical ports into one single logical port and use both ports as Load balancing/redundancy.

2. Convert RSPT to MST and use two groups like one group each VLAN.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

hello,
thank you.
i must more specified the cabling between the switches.
Between the SG300 and the SG350 there is a different SG100-Switch in each untagged VLAN.
So i can't make a LAG (PortChannel) as an phisical cable-trunk between the SG300 and SG350 ;-P

Please, can you specified what i must configuriering ?

thanks for a lot!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: