Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 4.0.3 Preposition

maik.jordan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I can not browse for directories when I try to preposition files.

The error message is "Could not access cifs://Server_Name"

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Mark,

Do you have the appropriate credentials configured as part of the WAFS Core Cluster group?

What OS is the file server running you are trying to access?

Assuming the credentials are configured correctly and you are accessing a Microsoft server, see CSCsg79612 for a potential issue.

Zach

Hi,

Yes, I tested the credentials with the windows-domain diagnostics wbinfo "-a Username%Password" command succesfully.

I'm using Windows Server 2003 SP1.

I've applied this patch described in this article. I will uninstall it and test again.

Thanks

Hi Zach,

uninstalling the patch did not solve my problem.

Any other idea?

Regards

Maik

mark.duffy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've deployed in the wild and the only issue I know of is on domain controllers with the digital signing of SMB connections always (I think should be off), this was always the issue wafs as well. I was advised to set the username and password for accessing the server and then you can browse from within the GUI.

Not sure if that helps but we had it working with 4-0-1 ok.

Regards

Mark

g.paz
Level 1
Level 1

I believe this problem is caused by Bug CSCsg76670 (solved in release train 3, build 3.0.9, but not yet in release 4).

Workaround can be temporary remove Microsoft patch MS06-063 (923414) from file servers (C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB923414$\spuninst\spuninst.e

xe)

Does anyone know when will come a build of WAAS 4 solving BUG CSCsg76670?

For WAAS, this issue is tracked under CSCsg79612.

Zach

Did anyone ever come up with a solution to this problem? I am currently using the latest IOS and still get the same error message. I can not browse the file server. Is enabling WINS on the domain a requirement for this to work?

Frank,

The bug referenced in my previous post was resolved in the WAAS 4.0.7 release.

Have you tried including the domain name in the credentials you configure on the WAFS Core Cluster?

Zach

Zach,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I did add the domain name to the credentials and it still didn't work. Also, I just noticed that when I do a show tfo conn summ on the core WAE, the output gives a remote IP of the core and a local IP of the egde WAE. Am I missing anything here?

Thanks

Would it be possible for you to provide a packet capture from the WAFS Core when this browsing takes place? You can email the capture to seils@cisco.com if you don't want to post it here.

Zach