cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 6.1.1

Philipp Kreidl
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, anybody of you already tried 6.1.1? I am just downgrading again because we are facing major connectivity issues in all of our network.

I don't know what they are doing but since 5.4 every release is very buggy and unstable in my opinion. We might have a look on the Riverbed products next year.

Maybe Cisco should do the same to WAAS like what they did to their load balancers.

3 Replies 3

Alcides Miguel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Philipp, Did you solve your problem? In my case we have CM in version 6.1.1 and Central WAVE694 also in version 6.1.1, and as soon as we enable the WCCP on Wave we lost services.

Regards,

Alcides

andrej cambal
Level 1
Level 1

hey Philipp, we have only tested this version (6.1.1) in our lab environment with no major issues found. everything seems to be working correctly. the only problem i have noticed so far was regarding SMB signed traffic where the traffic is marked with "W" flag (wan secure) instead of "X" (SMB signed traffic) but the traffic is getting optimized/accelerated anyway so i assume it's only a "cosmetic" issue.

However i do not have any experience with 6.1.1 version in a production network yet.

Philipp Kreidl
Level 1
Level 1

Want to give an update for this issue, we opened a TAC case and they could reproduce the issue.

“Heap corruption in the directory browsing code path" causes the smb accelerator to crash.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux34001

Bugtool says it is fixed but the version is not available to download yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: