cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS behind Crypto box (SecuNet SINA Box)

aljaloudi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

my customer is looking for Cisco WAAS solution, the problem is I'm not sure if WAAS works very well behind SecuNet SINA Box that provide encryption.

Server-------WAAS-----SINA box ---------------------         SP(MPLS Provider)        --------------------- SINA box ----WAAS------Server

please adivce

1 Reply 1

aljaloudi
Level 1
Level 1

I have found the following information about deployment behind VPN WAN traffic encryption

does it also apply to other encryption soulitons such as Secunet SINA?

A WAAS device does not encrypt WAN traffic. If you require additional security measures, you should use a VPN. However, the VPN appliances must encrypt and decrypt traffic after and before the WAAS devices so that the WAAS device only sees unencrypted traffic. The WAAS device is unable to compress encrypted traffic and provides only limited TCP optimization to it.

Source: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v421/configuration/guide/planning.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: